Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Firma: M&M Barra Villa LLC
Firmeninhaber: Marco Streng
2219 Brevard Ave.
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Telefon: +49/162 4887722
Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) 966-88-4083
Limited Liability Company (FEI Number: 68-0679529)
Gestaltung & Realisierung
Terms & Conditions
- With the confirmation by the lessor and the received deposit on the lessor's account, the reservation becomes legally effective and the rental conditions become valid - also towards the registered persons.
- Our accommodations are so-called "Airbnb's" and do not have 24-hour service like hotels. Check-in is contactless and the property management is only available during the hours listed below. To anticipate questions and ambiguities, we, therefore, ask that you read the terms, conditions, & arrival information thoroughly before arrival.
- Telephone availability of the property management is 8:00 am - 12:00 noon, and 4:00 pm-8:00 pm. only. Messages & concerns occurring outside these hours, including possible problems with appliances, household items, air conditioners, and usability of pools (if included at the rental), will be addressed the day following receipt of the message. Weekend messages, unless urgent, will be addressed on Monday by a repair person, at their earliest availability.
- Our office responds to questions and concerns only on weekdays, between 7:00 am -10:30 am. Messages and e-mails outside these hours may experience a one-day delay in response. Nevertheless, we are committed to responding in a timely manner.
- Check-in is 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm on the day of arrival. If arrival is later, it is absolutely necessary to inform the property management. The property management is available for check-in questions on the day of arrival only between 4:00 pm – 8: pm. Guests should be sure to inform themselves and have their necessary check-in information upon arrival. The guest assumes full responsibility if the guest is unable to get into the accommodation because the guest did not inform himself/herself in time and sufficiently about the check-in modalities and clarify any questions ahead of time.
- On departure day, our property manager will do a final inspection. For organizational reasons, the guest will be contacted the day before departure by text message on the website where the guest booked the accommodation. Check-out time is no later than 11:00 am. Later check-out may be possible by timely prior arrangement, subject to availability, and incurs an additional charge.
- The rental ends with the expiry of the agreed rental period, a written notice of termination is not required.
- Any complaints about the rental property must be reported immediately, i.e., within 24 hours to the office or the property management. Later complaints cannot be accepted. The landlord must be granted a reasonable time frame to rectify any defects. In this context, it is pointed out, that the landlord cannot guarantee that all complaints mentioned by the tenant can still be remedied during the tenant's stay (e.g., insofar as outside personnel/companies have to be utilized). The landlord may refuse to remedy the situation if it is impossible or involves disproportionately high costs.
- Was a security deposit paid in advance, the deposit will be returned within 14 days after the end of the rental period unless damage or contamination to the rental, caused by the tenant, is found upon check-out. Damage charges will be deducted from the deposit and the remaining deposit will be returned after the damage has been repaired and the cost of such repair is determined. Any damage caused by the tenants must be reported by the tenants to the office or property management. Damages that have not been reported will be charged to the undersigned tenant. These will be recorded in terms of value and offset against the security deposit. Amounts in excess of the deposit will be subsequently borne by the tenant. The signing tenant is jointly and severally liable for all persons registered by him. In this context, it is recommended to have private liability insurance.
- The tenant is not authorized to make additional keys for the cottage, apartment, and other keys handed over to him.
- The tenant is advised that in case of a loss of keys, it must generally be assumed that there is a risk of misuse by unauthorized persons. In the interest of security, the lock must therefore be replaced in such cases. The cost for replacement shall be borne by the tenant. The tenant is obliged to immediately report any loss of keys to the office or property management. If the tenant locks himself/herself out of his/her apartment and the property management has to send someone to let him/her in, a fee of $50.00 will be charged, which will be collected immediately by the assigned person.
- The landlord assumes no liability for any damage suffered by persons while on the property or from movable items or property. This applies particularly to the use of the pool and the boat dock (if available at your accommodation). The landlord expressly points out that children must be protected and monitored by the tenant and/or their guests regarding children’s access to the pool, boat dock, and water. The named tenant, co-tenants, and their guests expressly waive any recourse for any damages or accidents incurred.
- The landlord does not guarantee that items not provided by him but left by previous guests are in the proper condition or usable, such as fishing and beach equipment or bicycles.
- During hot weather, the pool is refreshing for every guest. Pool maintenance staff come once a week to maintain the pool, according to their schedule; therefore, during maintenance, the pool cannot be used. Our pools are heated all year round under ecological and economical aspects at the discretion of the landlord. The landlord is required by state law to adhere to their pool regulations for apartment and hotel business, as follows: The ideal temperature for recreational pools is between 77-82 degrees Fahrenheit, which is about 10° colder than the average body temperature. Excessive temperatures can lead to dehydration, overheating, life-threatening muscle cramps, and other unhealthy consequences as the body's own heat cannot be properly dissipated through the skin. In addition, when temperatures are too high, bacteria also become more active and multiply, while algae formation is also stimulated. At 82 degrees Fahrenheit, our pools are already at the upper limit in terms of this optimal temperature. During low temperatures at night, it may take longer for the pool to completely warm up during the day. If air temperatures are very low, the heater switches off for safety reasons. Because we cannot control the weather, we ask for your understanding in this regard.
- Garden maintenance takes place once a week, according to their schedule, and it is not on a set day or time.
- Vacation apartments are first and foremost "commodities" so that renovations are needed at regular intervals. We always try to do such structural work and renovations in the off-season and when occupancy is low. Unfortunately, the need for such activities can arise from one day to the next - even on private or municipal buildings near your accommodation. We have no control over this and accordingly assume no liability, and therefore are not obliged to inform guests about such measures unless it affects access to the accommodation.
- In southern areas, insects such as cockroaches and ants sometimes get into the living quarters, which cannot be completely avoided even despite precautionary and regular pest control! Furthermore, in our area, there may be stray dogs and cats. Keeping them away from our accommodations is not always possible. It is therefore forbidden to feed the animals near the vacation accommodation to avoid encouraging them to return or stay.
- Dogs are allowed in exceptional cases and after prior registration in the following houses: "Villa American Eagle", "House Summer Jam" and "Duplex Sunny Splash". No more than 2 dogs are allowed. The dog(s) must be specified at the time of the booking so that the appropriate, additional costs can be calculated. Bringing other animals (e.g., cats, birds) is not allowed. Should the vacation home be soiled or damaged by the dog, the landlord is entitled to claim additional costs. Excluded from additional costs are “Service Dogs”, which support or protect people with disabilities in daily life. They are allowed in all accommodations. Since there are additional costs regarding the final cleaning, we still ask if the guest can bear these costs. It is up to the guest whether to agree or not. However, if the accommodation is soiled or damaged by the dog, the guest will incur additional costs. "Emotional Support Animals" handicaps are not visible to the outside. According to Florida law SB 1084, landlords are allowed to request proof of authenticity of need from guests with "Emotional Support Animals". This must be a medical certificate of need for each animal brought. An online printout or application will not suffice as proof. Of course, we are not interested in the illness of the guest and we do not want any such information.
- Only registered persons have the right to inhabit the accommodation - up to the maximum number of persons indicated in the description. Children and infants are considered full persons. If unregistered persons are seen in the house and spend the night there, this may result in the immediate termination of the rental agreement without notice and without the right to a refund. In addition, the landlord is entitled to exclude unregistered persons from the use of the vacation accommodation or to charge an additional fee for the unregistered person.
- Our vacation accommodation is a non-smoking property. Smoking in the outdoor area is permitted - with consideration for other guests. Please do not throw your cigarette butts carelessly on the ground, but dispose of them properly.
- The tenant is responsible for regular cleaning of the accommodation during the rental period. Intermediate cleaning by a cleaning service can be performed at additional cost to the tenant. If this is desired, please contact the landlord.
- Requirements for check-out: Use plastic bags to empty the refrigerator & place all garbage in the outside garbage and recycling cans. Clean the grill after use (if a grill is included at the rental). Wash, dry & put away dishes. Rental must be left in functional, tidy condition. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in an extra $25-50 fee from the deposit, depending on the degree of extra cleaning needed. In this context, we would also like to point out that no food or drinks are to be consumed in the bed. Please note: garbage is picked up once a week, so you may find full garbage cans upon arrival.
- Vacation homes and apartments have the equipment you need during the vacation but may differ from your home standard. Also, furnishings and storage areas are adapted for vacation purposes. The exact equipment features can be found in the respective apartment description. Subject to change: we point out that the furnishings shown in the pictures may differ. The use of air conditioning and other appliances abroad may differ from the usual standard and may be associated with noise. All rentals have air conditioning and heating, but differ in type & placement, such as central air conditioning, window air conditioners, and mobile air conditioning. Bathrooms in vacation apartments are sometimes relatively small. The water pressure in resorts (with a larger number of guests) can be low at certain times. Also, water temperature fluctuations are not uncommon. Building regulations in other countries may be less strict. In some cases, there are steep stairs or stairs without handrails. Electrical installations comply with safety regulations typical for the country. The dimensions of windows and doors in vacation accommodations may differ from the usual norm. The sound insulation will not always be what you are used to at home.
- TVs in our accommodations generally offer only the typical local programs. We have no influence on the choice of channels. The reception and picture quality depends, among other things, on the location and the weather or, with appropriate devices, on the Internet reception. This can also affect the quality of the Internet. Since there are typically only overhead lines in the country, wind and weather play a big role in the quality.
- Additional sleeping facilities in our accommodations can be found in the form of convertible sofas, chair beds, or day beds. These sleeping facilities are not necessarily part of the fixed room furnishings and are transportable if necessary - so that they can be quickly placed where they are needed. This mobility sometimes comes at a price: less comfort and less space in the room. Baby cots mentioned in the descriptions are not cribs. They are usually fold-out travel cots that are suitable for infants up to 2 years. In general, beds in vacation accommodation are sometimes softer or harder than usual, have different dimensions in length and width, and are designed for a wide variety of guests in terms of height, weight, body shape, and sleeping habits. Every guest is different and there is no one mattress that is perfect for everyone. We kindly ask you to refrain from making complaints in this regard, but ask for your understanding that complaints regarding sleeping comfort will be noted by us without any further comment.
- Our accommodations are self-catering accommodations, which means that consumables such as toilet paper, dishwashing detergent, sponges, and garbage bags are provided by us only for initial use after your arrival. In principle, we do not provide food such as spices or coffee.
- Consumption costs such as water, electricity, and heating are generally included in the rental price and calculated for normal consumption. Should these costs be above average, the landlord reserves the right to charge an additional fee. In exceptional cases, therefore, delayed repayment of the security deposit may occur.
- Upon request of the tenant, the landlord will, as far as possible, make changes in reservations. Such changes must be told at least 6 weeks before the start of the trip. Changes are e.g., change of travel date or accommodation. A separate fee of $50.00 will be charged for such changes. The landlord reserves the right to recalculate the price for the changes based on the then valid prices and conditions in the event of a change in accommodation or travel date. For bookings with foreign currency, in terms of changes, the exchange rate is binding, which was indicated on the day of booking.
- Should the landlord be forced to withdraw from the rental contract for overriding reasons, this does not constitute a right of recourse of the tenant. Refunds will also not be provided for known government-declared local or national disasters (pre-existing epidemics, pandemics, and public health emergencies, and for diseases already known to occur within a given region). This also includes weather or natural events that occur frequently enough to be predictable - for example, hurricanes that occur during Florida's hurricane season. Also excluded are refunds for transportation disruptions, such as road closures and flight, train, bus, and ferry cancellations, unexpected illness or accident; governmental obligations such as jury duty, court subpoenas, or military duties of guests; and for travel advisories or other governmental notices which do not constitute a travel ban or suspension.
- The rental agreement does not come into effect if the rent deposit has not been paid by 2 weeks after signing the rental agreement. The rental agreement is also voided if the remaining balance due and security deposit have not been received 14 days before occupancy. In this case, the tenant has no right to a refund of any monies already paid.
- Should any of these terms and conditions be or become invalid by operation of law, they shall be replaced by an equivalent provision. The remaining rental conditions are not affected by this.